Approximately 26 days ago, I posted a blog about leaving Logan. I said that I would cry when I left. Well today I left, and today I cried.
But not really because I was leaving (though that may have played a part of it...) I cried because this morning I had a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." (to quote an awesome children's book). Trust me, I know exactly how Alexander felt that day. (if you haven't read Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day... you should). I wanted to move to Australia this morning.
Let's start at the beginning:
Which is actually yesterday when I noticed one of the tires on my car was pretty low.
3:30 am: going to bed after a night of breathing more cleaning chemicals than an elementary school custodian.
7:30 am: wake up, no shower (it was already clean and I didn't have time...) get ready and haul the last of my stuff to my car.
8:30 am: (now here's where it starts to turn into the "no good, very bad" part) go to Les Schwab to see if they can fix my tire so I can go home. I felt disgusting, by the way, like I had showered in 409.
9:20 ish am: find out that the tire is in fact, non-repairable, and they can't put it back on my car... "So we can give you a quote on a new tire, but you really need at least 2 new ones..."
Call the parental unit in charge of buying tires for said vehicle, this was the response I got: "Well, we're going to put new ones on it this summer, but I want to do that down here" (I was still in Logan)
Right... so the other option is... drive home on the "spare." Because I love being passed by 18 wheelers on the highway... so fun.
11:00 am: I had left Logan about a half an hour before and was just exiting the canyon when I got a phone call from one of my wonderful roommates. She said, "Jennie, you forgot to leave your key here." Of course I did, why would I remember to do anything essential today?
Well, the day doesn't get any worse. But I would like to refer back to my last post. I am SO blessed.
Here's why:
At least I noticed the tire... I could have tried to drive home on it. That would have been really bad.
And at least I got to sleep last night; much needed sleep, mind you.
The guy at Les Schwab was really nice. They always are.
I made it home alive on my toy tire... YAY!!! However; it did take me about a half an hour longer because I couldn't drive faster than 50 on it.
Maddie's mom was still at home, so I gave her my key to take to Logan when she went to pick Maddie up. Once again, WONDERFUL roommates. All of you. I miss you already.
So, there were definitely tears shed today. They were mostly tears of frustration, but there were some sadness tears as well. And in the end, I decided that I didn't really have to move to Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment