Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cold Car Wash, Dancing, and School

I'm happy to report that I no longer feel the need for an RMTC. (sorry Spenc...) Seeing as my life has taken a turn for the busy. I am really glad about this because it means I don't have to sit around doing nothing. In fact, it means I don't really have time to sit at all...

Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm, I mow lawns for Davis County School District. I did this before my mission, but this year is going to be a little different. One reason is this VERY wet May. We still mow the lawns by the way. Well, we do what we can. If you can imagine riding a lawn mower through a car wash, you have an idea of how my last few weeks have gone. Don't forget the frozen fingers and toes... I'm surprised I still have all of my phalanges. I also work with different people than I did before. (no biggie, really, since I did the whole change thing for my entire mission...) So, this is what takes up the bulk of my waking hours...

Then, I am involved in a musical. It's called Hello, Dolly! and I'm SUPER excited for it. Lots of energetic dancing, and fun singing. I haven't seen the costumes yet, but I'm pretty excited to see what I get to dress up in. I have rehearsals for this every week. They are a little inconsistent still, but soon I will be at rehearsal every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night, AND Saturday mornings. It's a WAY cute show, so everyone should come. It's at the Clearfield Amphitheater (right behind the Clearfield library), we open June 30 and run through July 9 with now show on Sunday or the 5th or 6th of July (meaning you have 7 chances to come!) Tickets will be somewhere in the $5 to $8 range. If you want more details, contact me.

On top of that, in all my spare time, I work on my 2 online summer classes. "Balancing work and family" is ironically name of one of them. The other is English. I am having a blast trying to remember how in the world to do this school thing. It's making me feel like the rusty tin man in the Wizard of Oz... ya know how Dorothy has to oil him so he can move? I feel like my student self has gotten rusty, and I have forgotten how to play that role. It's a remember-as-you-go process, and I'm tripping over my feet (so to speak) trying to run and catch up so I don't end up failing these classes (which, by the way, I've already taken... and failed... hence I'm taking them now... online).

I'm doing well, I'm happy, and I'm busy. That's something I would recommend to any RM, get busy. School, work, your favorite hobby. Just jump right back into life. I figured out that it was just waiting for me (almost exactly the way I left it) and all I had to do was join back in the fun to feel normal again. At least, I think this is normal...?

No comments: