Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Real life

Ever had a wonderful time that you didn't want to end? Then, all of a sudden, your normal everyday life calls to you, demanding your time and attention?
This past weekend falls under the "never wanting it to end" category. I'm still sort of reeling from the fact that it even happened. The greatness probably won't be topped-ever. I did things I never thought I would do... explored my spontaneous side (yes, I can be spontaneous).
Then this morning I woke up for work and thought... Man, I wish I was still in California on some beach without any responsibility beyond not getting caught sleeping there.
But then I realized that that's what made my weekend so awesome. See, if I ALWAYS went to California on a whim and did crazy (and maybe illegal) things, then they wouldn't seem near as fun or cool. (also, I might get a little tired of the drive).
So, while I may have been cursing real life this morning, I should probably have been thanking it... for making my weekend so awesome.

No comments: