Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hawaii!... no, California! Or France... Yeah, France... maybe

For the past few months, I have been asked the same peculiar question: Where do you want to go on your mission?
I am completely baffled by this question because it doesn't really matter where I want to go. And besides, I don't really have a preference. As the song says, "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord..." Really.
Now... if I am honest, I hope not to go to a 3rd world country, but if that is where I am supposed to be, I'll deal with it... and learn to love it. As a wise man once said, "Come what may... and Love it." I intend to.
So if you want to know where I want to go, wait a few weeks (hopefully just one...) and I'll tell you exactly where. The mission and everything. I'll even let you know when I want to leave and if I want to speak a foreign language. ;)
On the other hand, if you asked me about my dream vacation or honeymoon... I think it would be a little harder for me to answer you.

1 comment:

Troy said...

Hey I am going to a third world Country, and I am way excited. It it kind of weird, because I really wanted to go to a third world Mission, because I just want to be there to help. So you should want to go to a third world country too.